Food and Fitness

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Trying to Get it Together

As much as I have belly ached about it I can't believe that I haven't talked about how hard it is for me to "get into Fall".  I've given a lot of thought to it and I think my feelings are heavily influenced by my six years as a starving graduate student, intern and fellow and later my hard core maternity/new mom years with three babies in six years (all my kids are Fall/Winter babies) during those years I lived in jeans, sweatshirts, leggings and tunics, sweat suits and the occasional sweater. I didn't have the appropriate shoe/boot wardrobe nor the bank account balance to support much else.  Couple that with the fact that I HATE to be cold, I have mostly viewed dressing for this time of the year as a period of function over fashion. 

I have to say though that I was so completely in love with my Spring and Summer wardrobe this year and how easy it was to always looked pulled together, that I was inspired to continue the run into the new season. 

From time to time, I get requests from you guys to do  OOTD (outfit of the day) posts.  I've done a couple this year but generally haven't done them because I don't feel like I have enough "good" clothes to support that.   SOOOOOO . . . I decided to at least attempt to kill two birds with one stone.  In an effort to hold myself accountable, I will start to post OOTD posts more frequently.  They by no means will be be on a daily basis and some weeks you might not even get a post but I will at least be more motivated to pull things together and not just reach for things to keep me covered and warm and dry. 

Here's is the first piece that I am working on for my new Fall wardrobe.

 
This is McCall's 5889 which is an OOP pattern but there are a few similar ones out there right now.  I plan on making two pair this weekend including one made from a wool blend gabardine with a slight stretch and another in a gray ponte knit.  The pattern only has two main pieces, front and back, and an optional working draw string which I am leaving off because I don't see the need for it with the elastic waist.
 
I do have some other outfits lined up but you should see these pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment