Food and Fitness

Monday, May 13, 2013

M6744

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I wanted to go out because not cooking is huge for me since I'm the only one who really cooks.  I didn't necessarily want to deal with long waits and huge crowds since the weather is pretty warm and we have little ones who expect to eat when we show up at the restaurant, not an hour later so we went out Saturday night instead. 





When I tried the dress on in the house the hems were flapping and that made me a little worried about wearing it out so I decided to add weights to the hem in order to keep it from flying open in the wind and to help it hang better.  Perfect solution.  I also used Mimi G.'s method of encasing the weight in interfacing before adding it to the hem which made it so much easier to handle and stitch.




Pattern Description: MISSES' DRESSES: Pullover dresses have bodice variations, elasticized (seamed) waist, and narrow hem. A and B: fitted bodice. C and D: mock wrap, very loose-fitting bodice with elasticized shoulders.

Pattern Sizing: Y(XSmall-Small-Medium), ZZ(Large-XLarge-XXLarge)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? YES!

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are very easy to follow.  This would be a great pattern for a beginner

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? No dislikes.  In general, I like creating a casing for the elastic with the seam allowance technique that is being used now.

Fabric Used: A cotton lycra

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't have to make any of my usual pattern adjustments.  This pattern may run a little big as I think I could have comfortable gone down a size.  I did however add weights to the hem because the skirt features a hem to waist opening which is not stitched down so I didn't want to the wind blowing my dress open and risk being arrested for indecent exposure.

Would you sew it again? I could see myself making this view once more but there are other views on this pattern that I can see myself making over and over again.

Would you recommend it to others? I would definitely recommend this to others.

Conclusion: This dress has great details including the faux wrap elements to the top and skirt and the elastic at the shoulders.

9 comments:

  1. This is a dress that I never would have considered picking up before, but it's so lovely, especially in the fabric that you used. I might look for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love it. That fabric is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a beautiful maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, this is beautiful! I share your thoughts even though we don't have any little ones at home...we went out Saturday too! It was soooo nice! Hope you enjoyed your day too!

    ReplyDelete