Food and Fitness

Monday, May 13, 2013

M6684



I saw the cutest little baby dress made with this fabric either right before or right after I had the Princess.  I have of course bee obsessed with finding this fabric ever since.  I finally found it at JoAnn Fabrics and I believe it is a JoAnn exclusive.  It's super busy but the colors are great and I think they look fantastic on her. 





She loved her dress and was actually into the "photo shoot" but would not hold still for the flash.  I immediately began looking for fabric for other versions. 

Pattern Description: TODDLER'S TOP, DRESSES, ROMPER, PANTIES AND PANTS: Pullover top, dresses and pull-on romper have elasticized neckline and waist. A,B,C: narrow hem. Panties and pants have elastic waist. D,E: elasticized (bands D) legs. C,D,E: purchased bias tape finishes armholes and leg openings E. F: hem bands and purchased trim. B,C,F: yokes.

Pattern Sizing: Combinations: CAA(1/2-1-2-3-4)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Definitely

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Nothing to dislike this went together nicely

Fabric Used: Quilting cotton from JoAnn fabrics

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The only minor change I made was to do a rolled edge hem on the ruffles in a contrasting color thread instead of just turning them under as suggested.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will definitely make a couple of more of these for her to round out her summer wardrobe. I will also probably make some of the other views.

Conclusion: This was super fast to make and even with all the extra finishing that I did (serged seams, rolled hem, etc.) this dress was completed within two hours.  You get a lot of bang for your buck with this pattern, not just with the dress I made but because there are two dresses, pants a top and a romper, you could really sew a complete wardrobe using this one pattern.

4 comments:

  1. She is adorable right down to her cute little toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...she is just too cute in that dress. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are so cute. She is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! You and your daughter look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete