Food and Fitness

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

There's nothing worse . . .

Than wanting desparately to sew but 1) not having the time and 2)not wanting to waste my fabric because I know that I will not be able to wear anything I make now even six months from now because I;ve been instructed by my doctors to lose a significant amount of weight for health reasons. So instead, I have become a voyuer looking at all of the beautiful things the rest of you are making. I do keep looking for a piece of fabric that I can part with that I won't mind wearing. Hopefully I'll find somehting by the end of Summer.

4 comments:

  1. I'm also trying to lose a significant amount of weight and I am sewing. I decided to sew for where I am at the moment. Good luck to you in your quest. I pray we are both successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight too and sewing. I too am making things to shrink into...Kelly, Joyce and anyone else; I am CHEERING US ON!!! With God ALL things ARE POSSIBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the weight loss! Just start making a list of all the stuff you want to sew and how great your new figure will look in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I too understand having to struggle with weight problems for health reasons! When I talk about having to workout every day, I always get negative comments like, for what? you're small already...I've not always been!! I have to workout, doctors orders and if I don't, I'll pay a dear price! My grandmother died at age 45 of heart disease and my mother is currently on nitro glycerin for her heart. With my blood pressure averaging around 186/110 I should have been hospitalized, but I didn't know it until I'd gotten sick!

    Needless to say, I was on my way to following my grandmother when I changed my life and you can too. Just make it a passion like your sewing...change everything, food, exercise and especially the support around you! Your body will thank you, I promise!! Good luck my dear!

    ...by the way, thank you so much for your sweet comments on my first maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete